A New Blog? Update.
It’s raining this morning and my small town loses power pretty regularly during storms as heavy as we’re having this morning (honestly it’s not that bad but the infrastructure is…shitty). Naturally I decided to write my first new blog post.
Truth be told this isn’t my first…blog rodeo. Many people may know me from my previous blog that was quite prolific for a few years, and where I worked through the trauma of my past (while working through some in the moment “self-inflicted” trauma) to find a place of healing. When I started I didn’t know where I would end up. But I ended up in a much better place. It wasn’t easy and it took a lot of stuff — and I’m not talking tangible stuff — to achieve.
So why start a new blog and keep writing?
I’ve been writing my whole life. I started with poetry in my pre-teens, moved on to short stories, took a hiatus, returned with blogging, then transitioned to academic writing.
I still have stuff to say. But not the same kind of stuff I had to say, necessarily, all these decades later.
I archived my old blog after about 10 years of writing about the trauma of my childhood, my adult mental health struggles, to heal and to find community; though the latter element wasn’t at the forefront of my mind when I started. Thanks to writing on the blog and sharing on Twitter I built a small group of people I adore and call friends, I have helped others through their healing journeys, I inspired others with mental health issues to talk about their struggles and be more comfortable in their own skin. That blog served me well and many others.
Like I said, however, I have more to say — not necessarily about my own trauma, my own life, but what I see happening to others and what is happening in the world: well, just look at it.
I had figured maybe I could transition to just Twitter micro-blogging. But I’m starting to think it can’t contain me. Also, the nature of the platform itself has changed over the years, and massively in the last four.
My hope is that with a fresh scrubbed face, so to speak, with a focus on different things, that I’ll have a new platform to document my thoughts, my life, my feelings, about the world around me, through the lense of a new, more whole, me.
My hope is that all the people who were there to watch me work through my trauma and pain will continue to stand by my side and watch me open a new chapter while I celebrate my life, my continued growth and push myself to try new things to further change my life.
As I move forward I’m exploring different modes of communications for different things. For instance, I have a new website (where you probably found this blog) that features what I think is a small collection of the best of my writing. The website is also a collection of my visual arts and links to all the places I can be digitally found. Like my new YouTube channel!
I won’t mention too much about the channel here because it’s a work in progress and over the last year and a half has evolved as I’ve revised the scope of the content and rebranded the channel. I’m pretty excited about a new way to be creative, new things to learn, and a brand new way to communicate with people around the world.
Twitter: @JustCallMeFrank
Instagram: @the_real_just_call_me_frank
YouTube: www.youtube.com/WithFrankie
TikTok: @real_just_call_me_frank
*this entry was posted first, on the same date, at Medium.com
Comments
Post a Comment